The Great Celebrity Bake Off in partnership with Stand Up to Cancer, episode two aired last night at 8pm and continues with the aim to raise funds for cancer research as part of Channel 4’s annual charity drive.
Four new celebrities entered the tent with the hopes of walking away with the Star Baker apron. This week, actor James James McAvoy, Olympian Dame Kelly Holmes, comedian David Baddiel and singer-songwriter Anne-Marie.
Their Signature Challenge was to make was to make a deep filled sweet tart. In the technical, they were asked to make cheese scones and finally their showstopper was to bake a marble cake representing themselves in animal form.
Candice’s Favourite Moments:
- Anne-Marie’s don’t panic tattoo.
- David Baddiel not knowing how to roll out pastry.
- James McAvoy impersonating Paul Hollywood.
- James McAvoy getting flustered towards the end of the signature challenge and throwing equipment around like its his own kitchen.
- Watching celebrities making homemade butter.
- David Baddiel cheesy (scone) flatbread.
- James McAvoy offering all the contestants rum.
- Celebrities icing cakes with their hands.
Question: Who else wants to be Anne-Marie’s friend after watching that episode? She seems like a fun person to hang out with.
Faye’s Favourite Moments:
- Anne Marie’s ‘don’t panic’ on her arm being the motto for the whole episode.
- Matt’s scouse accent.
- David’s utter catastrophe in presentation.
- Annie Marie starting her own applause after her banoffee went well.
- Everyone doing surprisingly well in the first round.
- Anne Marie making the BIGGEST mess at all times.
- James’s cat noises.